Welcome to Historic Waco Foundation
Historic Waco Foundation is a non-profit organization 501 (c)(3). The mission of Historic Waco Foundation is to collect, maintain, preserve, publish and interpret the heritage and history of Waco, McLennan County and Texas. HWF owns and operates four historic house museums: Earle-Napier-Kinnard House, Fort House, East Terrace, and the McCulloch House. These house museums date from 1858 to 1884. The Foundation offices are located in the Hoffman House
In addition to maintaining the four historic house museums, Historic Waco Foundation also produces the following:
- Educational opportunities for all ages: Sunday Skadoos, Summer Camp, Annual Lectures
- Bi-Annual Publication: “Waco Heritage and History”
- Christmas on the Brazos
- Special exhibits such as “In Company with Angels,” “Time of Turmoil: Texas and the Civil War,” and “Facing the Flames: The History of Waco’s Fire Department,” which begins JULY 13th, 2014.
Historic House Museums
EARLE-NAPIER-KINNARD HOUSE (1858) EAST TERRACE HOUSE (1872)
814 S. 4th St. 100 Mill St. (MLK & Mill)
January – June: Open on Saturdays 2:00-5:00p.m. January – June: Open on Sundays 2:00-5:00p.m.
July – December: Open on Sundays 2:00-5:00p.m. July – December: Open on Saturdays 2:00-5:00p.m.
Oct – Dec: Additional weekday hours! Tuesday-Friday 11:00-3:00 July-Sept: Additional weeday hours! Tuesday-Friday 11:00-3:00
FORT HOUSE (1868) /Exhibit House McCULLOCH HOUSE (1866)
- 503 S. 4th St. 407 Columbus Ave
- January – June: Open on Saturdays 2:00-5:00p.m. January – June: Open on Sundays 2:00-5:00p.m.
- July – December: Wednesdays, Fridays-Sundays 2:00-5:00p.m. July – December: Open on Saturdays 2:00-5:00p.m
- April – June: Additional weekday hours! Tuesday-Friday 11:00-3:00 Jan-March: Additional weekday hours! Tuesday-Friday 11-3:00
Regular Admission Prices
Seniors (50+): $2.50
Students (any age):$2
Children under 6: Free Admission
Military (with ID, includes immediate family): Free Admission
HOFFMANN HOUSE (HWF OFFICES)
Come here if you have any questions about our house tours, if you would like to schedule a special tour, or if you would like to browse our bookstore! We would love to meet you.
All year: Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30 (lunch noon-1:00p.m)