Let The Museum Experience Come to Your Classroom!
Looking for a way to create a unique learning experience to engage your students? HWF has just the thing for you with our updated, new and improved Traveling Trunk Program! These trunks take the history museum experience into the classroom and provide educators with lesson plans, activities, Power Points, primary sources, pictures, and hands on objects at no cost to you!
All of our trunks adhere to the TEKS AND make local history fun and convenient! Trunks are loaned out Friday-Friday. To reserve a trunk or receive more information call 254-753-5166.
The Historic Waco Foundation's Traveling Trunk program is funded by a grant from the Texas Historical Foundation.
- Settling Waco (3rd-5th grade)
- Students will explore the early developing days of Waco highlighting what it was not only like to be an early settler , but how Waco developed into what we know today!
- Heading West: Life on the Trail (Kindergarten-4th grade)
- Students will learn the big picture in discovering what life was like as a pioneer, from how they traveled to the aspects of everyday life.
- Texas and the Civil War (4th-7th grade)
- Students will be introduced to the Civil War from a Texas perspective by discovering artifacts, replicas, and other materials that will explain the different components of the war.
- Living Spaces by Design (3rd-6th grade)
- Students will develop their knowledge of architecture by learning the different elements and examining the architecture of Waco. Students will also be introduced to the decorative arts.
- Holidays in Central Texas (Kindergarten-3rd grade)
- Students will learn about different holidays celebrated around the world along with the traditions celebrated during each holiday.
This free service allows you to visit the house museum prior to your school tour and discuss enrichment activities available to your students